DUNNES MEMBERS COMMUNICATION MAY 2023
UKG DIMENSIONS APP TRIAL: ADDRESSING MEMBER CONCERNS
In response to the feedback we received from our members regarding the trial of the new UKG Dimensions App in several stores, we have reached out to Dunnes Management to express your concerns. The app, which is intended for staff to check their rosters, book annual leave, and request days off, is set to be implemented across all Dunnes locations starting August 2023. Our priority is to ensure that our members’ best interests are taken into account throughout the process.
We have asked Dunnes Management to address a number of concerns and provide clarification on the following points:
1. Ensuring all staff receive appropriate training and support for using the app effectively.
2. Providing a facility for staff to access the app in-store, for those who do not wish to use it on their personal devices.
3. Maintaining the option for staff to continue using the current paper-based system for rosters, annual leave, and days off.
4. Allowing staff to perform tasks such as booking annual leave and day off requests during their rostered hours.
5. Clarification on data-related concerns, including storage, GDPR compliance, and data protection measures.
Furthermore, we have requested that the company maintains its commitment to providing staff with four-week rosters and ensures the app will not be used to change staff rosters at short notice and without agreement.
To view the full letter sent to the company, please click here: https://tinyurl.com/DunnesLetterMay23
We encourage all members to read this letter and stay informed about the issues that affect you in the workplace. We will keep you updated on any developments and will continue to work diligently to ensure that your voices are heard and that your rights as workers are upheld.
Your feedback and participation are essential in our efforts to promote fair and just working conditions for all Dunnes workers. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact your local Mandate Official or Union office.
The Dunnes National Committee
How to Turn Off Location Tracking for the UKG Dimensions App
For your privacy, you might want to disable location tracking for the UKG Dimensions App on your smartphone. Here are the instructions for both iPhone and Android devices:
1. Open the ‘Settings’ app.
2. Scroll down and tap on ‘Privacy’.
3. Tap on ‘Location Services’.
4. Scroll down to find the ‘UKG Dimensions’ app in the list and tap on it.
5. Select ‘Never’ to prevent the app from accessing your location.
1. Open the ‘Settings’ app.
2. Tap on ‘Location’.
3. Tap on ‘App access to location’.
4. Find the ‘UKG Dimensions’ app in the list and tap on it.
5. Select ‘Deny’ to prevent the app from accessing your location.
Please note that the exact steps might vary slightly depending on the specific version of your operating system.